The service programs of the Club follow the guidelines of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs.
Agencies and festivals recently benefiting from Woman’s Club committees’ work:
Arts Council of York County, ChristmasVille, York County Library, Winthrop University Performing Arts, Clemson Extension 4-H programs, Animal Shelters, Recycling Center, St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, Park Point Village, SC State Library, York Technical College, Troops in Afghanistan, Ebenezer Avenue School, Ebinport School, Independence Elementary School, Palmetto School at Children’s Attention Home, City of Rock Hill, PMC nursery, Worthy Boys and Girls Camp, Pilgrim’s Inn, Habitat, Hope House, Veteran’s Hospital (Columbia), Veteran’s Clinic, Safe Passage, Tender Hearts Ministries, The Haven Men’s Shelter, Catawba Animal Clinic, Come-See-Me, York County Soil & Water Conservation District, Easter Seals, Ronald McDonald House.
Selected examples of the service programs carried out currently and
in recent years by the Woman’s Club.
- Annually funded the Long Family Scholarship for a student attending the Governor’s
Summer School for the Arts
- Participated annually in Elves in the Shelves at the Public Library during ChristmasVille
- Organized a small handbell group of members and friends; provide entertainment
at retirement facilities and agencies
- Contributes to and supports the 4-H Camp Sew and sponsors two Fashion Shows
with refreshments for participants and guests.
- Continues to support the Monarch Garden area and the annual Butterfly Release.
- Contributes to and works with York Soil & Water Conservation District on its School Garden Program.
- Contributes to the maintenance and upkeep of the Club’s historic Mauldin Gardens.
- Promotes member appreciation for gardens and beautification projects through
trips to local gardens, plant sales and tours.
- Organized a book club for members and guests
- Initiated projects for the Children’s Attention Home Palmetto School:
President’s Day educational activity; field trip to Riverbanks Zoo:
parties and gifts two times a year
- Established and supported the Dot Amick Scholarship at York Technical College
- Supported Breast and other cancer programs:
sewed and contributed head wear and comfort pillows
contributed funds for diagnostic screening for women without insurance.
- Spent volunteer time assisting at Pilgrim’s Inn, Tender Hearts
- Contributed to Worthy Boys and Girls Camp, Habitat for Humanity, local shelters,
Canine Companions, Friends of the York County Shelter, Easter Seals, and the Ronald McDonald House
- Collects food for Hope House: rice, beans, peanut butter and other non-perishables
- Provided small loans to women in developing countries through the KIVA program
- Members of the Club and the International CSP provide funds for livestock through Heifer International
- Provides funds for immunizations for children through Shot at Life; and for Operation Smile to correct
disfigurement from cleft palate
- Supported veterans: visited 96 patients at the Veterans Hospital in Columbia and provided
heart pillows. The Club’s hand bell group, Musicality Ringers, provided entertainment for
and gave gas cards to assist 12 local veterans & their families at Christmas; supported Canines
for Veterans and Sew Much Comfort
- Supported Troops: Sent cards and supplies (including snacks, blankets, books) to a troop
of twenty soldiers stationed in Afghanistan.
- Contributed toiletries, bedding, personal items to Safe Passage, Tender Hearts Ministries,
Worthy Boys Camp and the Haven Men’s Shelter